It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: For Matti (and anyone else who's interested)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:16 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I dunno if you remember when we discussed music and you mentioned you play bass and I said I play drums and I believe I was in some punk/hardcore band at the time and promised to upload mp3s when I could. Well, the band was short lived and the only thing we ever recorded was a live version of our songs through a shitty computer mic onto a laptop with some basic software so it sounds like utter shit. Still i was hoping to show them to you anyway BUT I lost my cd or it got damaged or something, however I recently bought a drum pedal off the kid who played drums in the band after me and surprisngly he still had the demo which they gave him to learn the songs. Now, I can finally show them to you:

Ten Ton Cock / Since You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:12 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ten ton cock? wtf lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:30 pm 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Quite a hefty rooster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hmmm... Jim, Matti, and me could have a band going on here...

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:30 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

lol ten ton cock was our joke name, the begining of the first song that sounds totally cock rock is supposed to be ten ton cock opening up for us lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:40 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Dmitry wrote:

Except we all know you have no talent whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:19 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:26 am 
". . ."
". . ."

I can play piano/keyboards.

Am i in? haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:02 am 
Eater of cow souls

nice tracks jim, not my type of music but to each his own :P

me and two of my friends have recently started playing music together, one of 'em is just starting to learn to play drums so he's still in the learning stage. and we have no bass so two of us play guitar. here's a recording we did, it's a cover of nirvana's cover of a song called Love Buzz by shocking blue

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=499V81Z5 if you want to check it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:36 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

My friends and I are writing an awesome rock opera (done in a parody queensryche/megadeth style) involving a lonely economics teacher, "Mr. H" who gets fired. He doesn't know his identity, and the only thing he remembers as he woke up was an acute knowledge of economics. He was holding a passport but everything was burned out but the letter "H".

He goes to a bar to drink himself to death and is confronted by a shaman who sounds like a protoss. The shaman tells him he'll tell him who he really is if he goes and retrieves an artifact of great value for him in the distant land of tibet: The cat's pajamas (aka, the source of the feline prowess) Mr. H infers that it is the dalai lama he speaks of. So Mr. H gets on a plane (meanwhile there is a guitar instrumental called 'Tiger Air' with some tapping hhhahh) and arrives in tibet at a marketplace.

He learns that the Dalai lama is having a grand annual costume party, so he runs as fast as he can to the dalai lama's palace. There he is confronted by a guard who says he is not on the list. However, after much groveling the guard says he'll open the side window to let him get in. Once inside, Mr. H sees the Dalai lama's grand entrance. He is able to get the dalai lama to follow him into the back room by posing as a staff photographer. Once there he tells the dalai lama he is here for the cat's pajamas. The dalai lama does not resist, but instead walks over to the bookcase compliantly and pulls a lever. A snake pit opens and closes but Mr. H was not standing on it. Knowing his last line of defense was thwarted, the Dalai lama drops to his knees and screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO". He gives the cat's pajamas to Mr. H and Mr. H leaves

For dramatic effect, the shaman and Mr. H have the final meeting on a volcano for some reason. The shaman intently asks for the cat's pajamas, to which Mr. H obliges him. The shaman starts cackling wildly as he reveals Mr. H's true identity. You see, in 1945 Hitler did indeed shoot himself. However, before he could, his longtime Mistress Eva Braun replaced the bullet in his pistol with a time-bullet, causing hitler to be sent 60 years into the future with no acute sense of who he was.

Mr. H, now knowing he was actually hitler, is so devastated he decides he must kill himself. There are two bullets on the table, one undoubtedly being another time bullet. So, he shoots himself but NO ONE KNOWS IF IT WAS ACTUALLY A TIME BULLET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:34 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ponuh wrote:
My friends and I are writing an awesome rock opera (done in a parody queensryche/megadeth style) involving a lonely economics teacher, "Mr. H" who gets fired. He doesn't know his identity, and the only thing he remembers as he woke up was an acute knowledge of economics. He was holding a passport but everything was burned out but the letter "H".

He goes to a bar to drink himself to death and is confronted by a shaman who sounds like a protoss. The shaman tells him he'll tell him who he really is if he goes and retrieves an artifact of great value for him in the distant land of tibet: The cat's pajamas (aka, the source of the feline prowess) Mr. H infers that it is the dalai lama he speaks of. So Mr. H gets on a plane (meanwhile there is a guitar instrumental called 'Tiger Air' with some tapping hhhahh) and arrives in tibet at a marketplace.

He learns that the Dalai lama is having a grand annual costume party, so he runs as fast as he can to the dalai lama's palace. There he is confronted by a guard who says he is not on the list. However, after much groveling the guard says he'll open the side window to let him get in. Once inside, Mr. H sees the Dalai lama's grand entrance. He is able to get the dalai lama to follow him into the back room by posing as a staff photographer. Once there he tells the dalai lama he is here for the cat's pajamas. The dalai lama does not resist, but instead walks over to the bookcase compliantly and pulls a lever. A snake pit opens and closes but Mr. H was not standing on it. Knowing his last line of defense was thwarted, the Dalai lama drops to his knees and screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO". He gives the cat's pajamas to Mr. H and Mr. H leaves

For dramatic effect, the shaman and Mr. H have the final meeting on a volcano for some reason. The shaman intently asks for the cat's pajamas, to which Mr. H obliges him. The shaman starts cackling wildly as he reveals Mr. H's true identity. You see, in 1945 Hitler did indeed shoot himself. However, before he could, his longtime Mistress Eva Braun replaced the bullet in his pistol with a time-bullet, causing hitler to be sent 60 years into the future with no acute sense of who he was.

Mr. H, now knowing he was actually hitler, is so devastated he decides he must kill himself. There are two bullets on the table, one undoubtedly being another time bullet. So, he shoots himself but NO ONE KNOWS IF IT WAS ACTUALLY A TIME BULLET

tragicomedy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:38 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

We were going for "swashbuckling adventure"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:59 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh wrote:
Dmitry wrote:

Source.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:18 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Dmitry wrote:
Ponuh wrote:
Dmitry wrote:

Source.

Record a video of your playing a piece on your instrument

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:23 am 
Tough!
Tough!

http://myspace.com/samsonsstrength

Board index » Community » Community Discussion